Be a Wise Health Care Consumer
Last Updated December 14, 2023
If you spend more time researching an appliance purchase than you do choosing a doctor or medical option, you’re not alone. And given the complexity of the health care system, it’s not surprising.
Understanding how to choose and use health care wisely can help you get the most out of your benefits, make you healthier and save you money. Read on for tips, resources and ideas to help you become a wise health care consumer:
- Should you see your primary care doctor or go to the ER? It’s important to know where to go for medical care.
- From using virtual visits to managing chronic conditions, here are five ideas on how to cut your health care costs.
- Avoid claims and billing issues that can cost you money with help from Health Advocacy Solutions.
- If you’re enrolled in an RRD national Medical Program option, see how you can save time and money with your prescription drug benefits.
- Take advantage of confidential and no-cost programs available as part of your RRD benefits to get support for a chronic health condition, such as diabetes, high blood pressure, cancer, or chronic pain.