Are You at Risk for Diabetes?
Last Updated December 8, 2021
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, more than 100 million Americans have diabetes or prediabetes, a condition where a person already has elevated blood sugar and is at risk to develop diabetes.
Diabetes can cause serious health complications, including heart disease, blindness, kidney failure and lower-extremity amputations. It was the seventh-leading cause of death in the U.S. in 2017.
You can prevent or delay the onset of type 2 diabetes by:
- Eating a healthy diet and managing your weight,
- Controlling your blood pressure and cholesterol,
- Staying active, and
- Quitting tobacco.
Get Help with Livongo
If you are living with type 1 or type 2 diabetes, Livongo can help. The program is offered at no cost to you and your covered dependents enrolled in an RRD national Medical Program option. When you enroll with Livongo, you’ll get:
- Unlimited strips and lancets shipped directly to you with no hidden costs.
- A Livongo connected blood glucose meter that automatically uploads readings and provides real-time tips. You can use the Livongo mobile app to track your readings, view all your data in one convenient place, and reorder supplies with one click.
- Access to a Livongo coach who can provide one-on-one support by phone, email or text to help you with questions about nutrition, smart lifestyle changes, and your blood sugar readings.